The Visual Effects Research Lab and Network, working with screen offices, can help you find the post-production services you want including high-end VFX.
If you’re a post company or freelance based in the North Sea region –
The Lab (VERL) itself aims to close the gap between research at leading institutions round the world and the application of that technology by the screen industry. VERL is doing original research and analysing existing research.
The Network is researching potential industrial partners and working with them to make them aware of the research that is so relevant to their commercial interests. Post companies, facilities and freelances will have opportunities to learn about current and new products and services and so access new and wider markets for their services.
Challenges like lower budgets mean companies must develop more efficient, more cost effective work practices and must engage with new and innovative technology. And they must spread the word that they've got the skills and can deliver world-class post.
Here’s what the lab and the Network will be doing:
- Working with screen offices to market the Lab and facilities across the region.
- Making the Lab facilities available to incoming productions so sequences can be post-produced near locations.
- Fostering networking and joint ventures to help North Sea companies compete in a global market for post.
- Putting out research findings and taking part in key tech conferences.
- Establishing protocols and sharing best practice for visual effects.
- Inviting established visual effects artists and producers to the Lab and the region for research and networking.
- Researching post and VFX techniques and processes and putting out findings at conferences, events and online.
- Identifying business support sources and stakeholders to get involved.
- Running workshops on new technologies and their applications for companies, especially small and mid-sized.
- Compiling database of post production companies and organisations throughout the region and establishing a network of post-production facilities with fast-track procedures for co-production.
- Establishing links with industry organisations in the sector.
Lead Partner for Post